With Independence Day coming up, and with time-honored summer celebrations on the way, now is the time to honor the impact special events have on us.
- A basic component of living is to celebrate.
- In the United States, as with the rest of the world, we mark specific days of the year as meaningful to who we are.
- Incorporating a sense of gratitude into our celebrations can enhance our overall health.
- Approach Independence Day with a sense of gratitude.
- If you are able, maintain a Gratitude Journal and record things during the week that you are thankful for. Journaling can be expressed in writing, drawing, dance, singing, etc.
- When individuals show you gratitude, think about the intention and appreciate the moment.
Things to Limit
- Thinking that you can read others’ minds.
- Planning activities without intentionality.
- Self-sabotaging behaviors.
In conclusion, living with discomfort is a natural result of changes/transitions. Addressing it is a component of developing a resilient mindset. Resilient living results in growing from adversity.
Quote of the Week
“At times, our light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” – Albert Schweitzer