Join us in celebrating 35 years of education for compassionate care as we once again bring you the Avila Institute Annual Long-Term Care Conference in person! This flagship event gathers experts, researchers, practitioners, and stakeholders from the field of long-term care. Over the course of two days, this conference provides a unique platform for attendees to delve into current issues, share best practices, and explore the latest innovations in long-term care.
The conference boasts a diverse array of speakers who are renowned for their expertise in various long-term care areas. Participants can expect to engage in thought-provoking discussions on the following topics:
- Palliative Care: Pain and Symptom Management at the End of Life with Christopher Comfort, MD
- Depression in Advanced Disease with Robert Brescia, MD
- Leading an Empowered Workforce with Anna Ortigara, RN, MS
- Surviving and Thriving: Legal and Regulatory Updates with Janet Feldkamp, RN, BSN, LNHA, CHC, JD
- Washington Update on Long-Term Care 2023 with Julie Trocchio, RN, BSN, MS
- Moral Ethical Decision Making with MC Sullivan, RN, MTS, JD
- Making Sense of it All - Coping with Mental Health Issues During Life Transitions with Richard Pulice, PhD
One of the highlights of this conference is the opportunity for attendees to earn continuing education credits. Professionals can stay up-to-date with the latest research, trends, and practices in their field, enhancing their skills and knowledge to better serve older adults. Over these three and a half decades, the conference has been a driving force behind advancements in the sector, inspiring positive change and empowering healthcare professionals and caregivers.
Moreover, the event facilitates invaluable networking opportunities. Connecting with peers, industry leaders, and experts can foster collaboration and idea exchange, leading to better solutions and improved care for older adults.
The conference will be held October 9-10, 2023 at St. Teresa's Motherhouse in Germantown, NY.
This conference is a valuable opportunity for anyone working in long-term care. To learn more and to register, click here.