This ready-to-teach in-service package includes all the pieces needed to teach a 25-minute in-service.
In-Service Topic "The Brain and Dementia"
Dementia is a common disease among the elderly that can be very difficult to understand.
For caregivers, caring for people with dementia in long-term care can be extremely stressful and unpredictable unless one understands what is happening
in the resident’s brain and why it leads to certain behaviors. This in-service teaches the following:
- What dementia is, which includes dispelling myths about what it is not
- How dementia affects the three main areas of the brain, and how this leads to undesirable behaviors, such as anger and yelling
- A comprehensive review of symptoms and stages of dementia
This in-service is a downloadable zip file and includes:
- Access to watch recorded video (internet access required)
- Presentation slides and script (Microsoft PowerPoint File)
- Presentation handout as slides and notes (PDF)
- 4-page summary of presentation (PDF)
- 4 tests with 5 questions each and answer key (PDF)
- Follow-up (PDF)
- Certificate Template (Fillable PDF)